Package Free Instructions
Instructions for our eco warriors who choose to buy Outcast premixes from package free shops. The only difference is that you now have to measure 2 quantities instead of one.
Measure And Mix
- Measure a portion of the pre-mix powder by volume or weight
- Volume: 150ml
- Weight: 110g
- Add 200ml boiling water and give a quick mix. No longer than 30 seconds!
- Cover the mixture with a plate and let it stand for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls of about 2 cm diameter then flatten into discs for shallow frying or baking.
- Heat oil.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Or you can deep fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for more or less 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.
If your hands start getting sticky when rolling falafels, embrace it. Keep a bowl of water near you, and keep your hands wet to make rolling easier.
Add extra chilli powder or cayenne pepper for extra spicy falafel.
Check out the FAQ on the website for extra pics, instructions and recipes.
Instructions for one pancake (one pack makes 4 pancakes):
- Heat a non-stick pan to high heat. Add an oil. Coconut oil works really well.
- Mix ⅓ of a cup (80ml) of pancake mix with 100ml of cold water or plant milk. Mix very quickly.
- Immediately add to the pan pouring from the centre outwards.
- Cook for two minutes, turn down the heat if you need to, flip, then cook for another minute..
- Top with agave or maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Get fancy with sliced bananas, strawberries and a topping of maple syrup.